Sunday, November 15, 2009

Teaching Experiences

It would be untrue to say that I was not apprehensive when I first started teaching this semester. I am in charge of two lab sessions one of which has strength of 20 and the other 6 students. What made the process more interesting was that several of the students were from diverse backgrounds. Some were students who majored in EE while others were from Bioinformatics or biology. While teaching I have been trying to mixture my passion for exploring new ideas with experiences gained during past sessions. This helps to make the sessions interactive, which not only helps us to explore the content interactively but also the student’s comprehensibility of the content increases with such interactions. For me it was also eye-opening to see the capabilities of my students in such collaborative environment. The students had different level of expertise in different domains and the course matter involves data structure and organization, a core requirement for students in computer science and interesting for those who wants to pursue the understanding of data organization and optimization in computer programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment